Targeted Wage Subsidy Program:
What is it?
The Targeted Wage Subsidy (TWS) Program is in place to help participants secure work experience which leads to sustainable employment. The TWS Program accomplishes this by providing temporary financial assistance to employers in the form of wage subsidy. The employer agrees to hire the participant for employment (at least 35 hours per week). Placements are normally between 12 and 24 weeks in length. During that period, we can provide a subsidy of up to 50% of the wage. Contracts can usually be signed within a week and every effort is made to keep paperwork to a minimum. It is important to note that wage subsidy agreements Must be in place before a participant starts work.
Who is it for?
In order to be eligible to TWS you must:
- Be on an active EI claim or have been on one in the last five years or
maternity/paternity in the last five years.
- Have already conducted a job search without success.
- Be “Job Ready”.
- Be in a situation where you and your Employment Consultant have
determined that TWS is appropriate for you to be applying for.
Employer Eligibility Criteria
- Commit to providing year-round, full-time employment; minimum of 35 hours per week
- Have been in business for at least one year
- Complete a signed agreement PRIOR to hiring an employee
- Private, public, or non-profit organization
- Have WorkSafe BC account in good standing
- Facilitate all aspects of hiring such as interviewing, checking references and conducting criminal record checks, if required
- Provide on-the-job training, support and supervision as needed
What's the next step?
Please contact our friendly front desk to set up and appointment with one of our Employment Consultants.