Customized Employment & Job Development:
Customized Employment Development Services involve creating a new job or self-employment opportunity that is customized to the individual needs, skills, abilities and contributions of a client, when this level of intensive specialized services are determined necessary for a client.
Customized Employment Development Services involve combining and customizing a variety of service options to effectively support the unique needs of a client. Customized Employment options include standard services as well as optional services outlined below, that may be provided on individual assessed client need where essential to obtain and sustain Labour Market Attachment.
What it is: Job Development Services involve providing individualized services to job seekers and employers in order for the job seeker to successfully achieve employment; they require direct job development support to negotiate with employers or existing jobs require adaptation to meet the unique needs of the job seeker.
- Providing individualized job marketing to employers
- Job Carving existing positions and negotiating with employers
- Arranging and supporting client interviews
- Negotiating job terms and conditions
What it is: Customized Employment Development Services involve creating a new job or Self-Employment opportunity that is customized to the individual needs of the job seeker.
- Development of an Employment Profile
- Negotiate a customized position with employers or customized Self-Employment venture
- Unpaid Work Experience Assessments
- Job Coaching (job site training)
- Have a barrier to employment and self-sufficiency
- May be BCEA, EI or General Clients who are Multi-Barriered or have a disability
- Have not been successful in achieving employment through traditional employment programs
- May be best suited to learning and developing skills in the workplace
- Require specialized workplace services and supports to find and maintain employment.
- Unemployed and legally able to work in Canada